This is the complete tour of Takayama to enjoy everything the city has to offer! There are many preserved buildings and other forms of valuable culture that can only be found in Takayama, yet they would only be “just another building” or “some tasty thing” if you don’t know the background. Expand your knowledge on Takayama and Japan with easy explanations from your tour guide!
That being said, this is a comprehensive tour that will give you a deeper understanding of various things you encounter in Japan. After the tour you’ll know the difference between the types of sake and what kind of food to order at a Japanese restaurant. You’ll not only enjoy the scenery of the town, knowing the highlights of Japanese architecture, but also learn about Buddhism and temples while strolling through nature.
By the end of the tour you will have a better understanding of Japanese people and will even have the chance to interact with the locals. Above all, you can go home with the special friendship you’ve made with your local guide!
- Miyagawa Morning Market, one of Japan’s most popular morning markets
- Takayama's old town
- Sake tasting at a local brewery
- Jinya, the only remaining bureaucratic office building from the Shogun era in Japan
- Takayama Festival Float Museum
- Kusakabe Heritage House, a magnificent work of architecture that was built by the wealthiest merchant in Takayama
- Pleasant temple district walk
No Microphones or Flags
With the personal and intimate experience we offer, you don't have to worry about looking like a tourist.
1-4 person: 43,120 JPY/group
5-7 people: 48,070 JPY/group
8-10 people: 52,910 JPY/group
Please feel free to contact for groups of 11 or more.
For prices in USD, EURO
Please pay on site.
How to get to Takayama